Saturday, July 13, 2013

Natsucon 2013 wrap up

Okay, so NatsuCon was pretty great. Not as great as last year, but all around good nonetheless. As promised, I went as the Joker, but things didn't go as expected. My makeup job was pretty good for my first time doing it, but I had to be incredibly careful when handling it, and it STILL flaked off all day. The video games in the vendor's room were incredibly sparse this year, with only two minor vendors. (Though last year's large influx of games at one vendor was due to a store closing up shop and selling all its inventory to the vendor.) Despite this, I still raked in three awesome titles: Super Mario Land to replace my decrepit, broken copy; Final Fantasy 1+2 Dawn of Souls; and Kingdom Hearts. I guess you could consider this section another entry in the Pick-ups section, but I'm not going to make a separate entry for the three games I've already mentioned now.

Anywho, something I noticed that really bothered me was the fact that there was unneccesary security measures all over the convention area. After the registration period ended, you couldn't even get into the building without a badge, and even then you could only enter through certain doors. I found this unnecessary because once someone was able to get in, there was nothing to really stop them from causing further mischief, so it really rendered the whole guarding doors thing as redundant.

Now if you caught the masquerade, I did a walk-on and I also ensured that the ending of the event was a real "blast" for Batman. It's unfortunate that I didn't receive any recognition or awards for my work, but I congratulate the people that did win the contest, even the ones that got honorable mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment